pick-off throws

forEvErYankEE87

everytime i throw a pick off it always seems lobbed to the base, but when the CPU's pitcher throws to the bags, the throw is quick

am i missing something?

thanks in advance!

I'm suffering from the same problem !!!

The game has two different pickoff moves ( regular and quick ). What we are seeing is the regular move. I'm using the Saiten P880 controller and can not find a way to do this. The manual says to press button 5 to do a quick (more risky) pickoff throw. Problem is, when I'm pitching, button 5 on my controller sends a pitch to the plate.

I posted a question about this and no one was able to help with it :(

Maybe they'll see this post and help us out ...........

Come on MVPMods community, were bleeding over here

You must be using the Pitch 5 as Button 5 or 7. Just change it to Button 6 or 8 and you'll be fine. You can change these easily and won't cause any moves to conflict with another.

I too use the Saitek 880 and with my controller it is as follows:

Button 7 (top left trigger) + the base to do a quick pick-off move and Button 5 + the base to do a regular pick-off move.

Just played a few games and did some testing with button 5 and button 7 (left shoulder button). I am definitely getting two different pitcher moves toward the base. However, one of them looks like he's gonna throw a snap throw to the bag (quickly) but the ball just floats to the base. I am holding my button down too, all the way through the throwing animation.

My pitcher's throw animation to the base is significantly slower than when the CPU pitcher does it. Using both buttons on my controller, they appear to be at the same throw speed although the initial pitcher move toward the bag is appears to be much quicker....STRANGE !!!

I'm thinking that a datafile edit my fix this. Now to only figure out where to look and if it works.

Is anybody seeing something different with their pitcher's throw to the bag. Does your quick throw rival (equal) the speed at which the CPU pitchers does his ??

Thanks for the input guys....much appreciated

I used to have to those slow pickoff throws, but I now found out how to use the "real"one. Pitchers with bad pickoff ratings are prone to throw it too wild to 1st base and others with higher ratings are right on the money.

I have even picked off 2 guys so far.

I too use the Saitek 880 and with my controller it is as follows:

Button 7 (top left trigger) + the base to do a quick pick-off move and Button 5 + the base to do a regular pick-off move.

How are you able to press button 5 and one of the other bases at the same time, do you have like 6 fingers on one hand or something?

Archived