Help updating Pirate's Petco Park

eber

I've tried updating the batter's eye but it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be in simply updating the .fsh file. The problem is shown in the screencap below:

2.JPG

1.JPG

The problem is that the 3-D portions of the old batter's eye is visible. Can I delete them? Or better yet, resize/reshape/shrink it to fit the new batter's eye? Simply deleting the 3-D portion would be good enough for me. Also, I'm assuming resizing the batter's eye to fit might be possible with Oedit (never used it) albeit it might be a lot of work--but is it even possible?

Other ideas/suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

OEdit would be the best way to take care of it. If Petco had extra verticies, you wouldn't have to touch the main backdrop, you could move another piece over to make the numbers on top.

If there weren't extra verticies, then you could enlarge the vertex that makes the front of the backdrop to the point it's higher than the 3D portion, then make the image with the numbers, and make that area transparant.

But OEdit would be the best bet.

Ok thanks...that helps a little. I see what you mean...I messed around with OEdit for the first time and am sort of getting the hang of it. Damn, this is a lot of work and a PITA...haha. I'm gonna mess around with it a little more and see what I can do. I might just scrap adding improvements to the batter's eye and just clean everything up a little and update the ads (newer and cleaner pictures) since Pirate has since "retired".

and just clean everything up a little and update the ads (newer and cleaner pictures) since Pirate has since "retired".

newer and cleaner pictures ? i think that pirate did a great job on petco, frankly i dont think it needs "cleaning up"

newer and cleaner pictures ? i think that pirate did a great job on petco, frankly i dont think it needs "cleaning up"

The pictures he used, especially for the batter's eye, probably weren't as high-res as he would have preferred. I live in SD and can take higher-res pics of everything. I'm not saying he didn't do an awesome job, but he was limited with the quality of his work by the pictures he had to work with. There are also some minor things I'd like to fix (I'm anal like that): the dugout images, dugout rooftop, and all the new ads they've added this year--including the updated rightfield videoboard.

Archived