Total Classics: Negro Leagues W.I.P

fuzzone

Yeah Stecropper that was him! I still see joel online every now and again. His aim name is joeldeleon. Very cool guy. He recommended some great books on the negro leagues to me. I'll try and find the titles he gave me and post them on here.

I'm hoping too get these done sometime next week so I can start working on some more teams.This week been very busy for me and I didnt get too much modding done.So far this is what I got:

Homestead Grays (home&away)

Philly Stars(home&away)

NY Cubans(home)

I still have to do the Cubans away,Baltimore Elite Giants home and away and the Cleveland Buckeyes home and away.Heres a shot of the Cubans home uni I just got done.

nysc.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

actually, this project over the last few days has been picked up and kicked into over drive thanks to Thome25 and Yanks763.

Uniforms are being made from scratch and logos and such. Thome has sent me screenshots but i'll leave up to thome25 to post them.

i believe he posted some screenies over at forums.total-classics.com (and no i'm not advertising the site).

This looks like a fun project, as i've always liked the Negro League uniforms.

I made a KC Monarchs uni for my Kansas City Royals set, and if you want them you can totally use them. They're based on the throwbacks they wore one game last year, so 2005-era shoes and gloves were included.

00054dp.png

00112bz.png00130sk.png

actually thome made Kansas City Monarchs Uniforms, he's made a bunch of sets. Why dont u message him and talk to him? I think he'd like to see ur work, but i cant really speak for him.

Thome25, Yanks763 and a few other people are doing the chunk of the work for the negro league project. I'm just overseeing things.

Oh crap, I wish I would have seen your post Fuzz, before I went to imageshack and hosted those images.

It's ok, though, I just thought i'd offer my help if it was needed. I'm sure theirs are better anyways, as mine are made to look like the throwbacks they wore that day, not the actual uniforms from way back when.

Carry on!

Not that I have anything to offer to this project Fuzz, other than to wish ya'll the best in completing it. I've never really looked into any info on the Negro Leagues, but I love the history of baseball. You and your crew do great work in keeping the past alive.

This looks like a fun project, as i've always liked the Negro League uniforms.

I made a KC Monarchs uni for my Kansas City Royals set, and if you want them you can totally use them. They're based on the throwbacks they wore one game last year, so 2005-era shoes and gloves were included.

00054dp.png

00112bz.png00130sk.png

I love the look of that uniform but the size might be alittle more then my PC can handle. Im doing 10 uniforms for this and these are the 10.

1. Atlanta Black Crackers (Home and Away) FINISHED

2. Baltimore Black Sox (Home and Away) FINISHED

3. Baltimore Elite Giants (Home and Away) FINISHED

4. Birmingham Black Barons (Home and Away) FINISHED

5. Chicago American Giants (Home and Away) FINISHED

6. Homestead Grays (Home and Away) FINISHED

7. Kansas City Monarchs (Home and Away) FINISHED

8. New York Cubans (Home and Away) FINISHED

9. New York Black Yankees (Home and Away) FINISHED

10. Philadelphia Stars (Home and Away) FINISHED

But I'm having issues with the menu logos and cant seem too get it right. So if you wanna go ahead do some uniforms for other Negro League teams that be cool.

This is a great project! :) I found 2 sites that maybe of some help. They contain bios, stats, and pictures of great Negro League players, (about 300+ or so). I also have a file of 35 of the all time Negro Players with stats for their best year. I'll send that to who ever needs it, just let me know how.

Here's the links to the 2 websites

1) Mainly a site about Candian baseball from 1949 to 1964, but it has a good section about negro league players with their photographs.

www.attheplate.com/wcbl/negro.htm

2) The Negro Leagues site with good photographs and brief history of players and what teams they played on

www.nlbpa.com/the_athletes.html

Archived