how many euro/british/australian/asian/??? mvpers are here ?

RAM

Sydney, Australia here! Old time High Heater but really enjoying MVP 2005. Huge Reds fan and try to follow every game. Will be taking off a Monday in a couple of weeks to watch the Reds demoralise the Dodgers on Sunday night baseball on ESPN ( we get that live here on ESPN at 10am Mondays!). We also get Wednesday night double headers (on Thursdays live) and Fox Sports show delayed coverage on Tuesday and Fridays - so we get it pretty good!

Thank god for MLB TV - best $100 investment I make each year (although the wife and kiddies would disagree when I sit and watch a Saturday game from 9am until midday!). I wish the NFL would do something like MLBTV because I am sick of watching the same old teams on MNF etc - they do not show enough mighty Bengals games!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I signed up to NFL Field Pass last year and loved it. Granted you couldn't watch the games you wanted to but SkySports in the UK showed 2 games every sunday so you could watch those til past midnight, wake up and watch the highlights of every game in the morning.

Plus all the NFL Total Access stuff made it awesome value for money.

I'm not sure I'll get MLB.tv as I've not got into the sport. I love MVP2005 but the sport itself takes a little too long for me to really get into it just yet.

Kiel, Germany

baseball is not very popular in Germany, so we have a League. You can watch MLB on Pay-TV, about two games live per week.

I imported baseball games since 1994 - Hardball 3 -6, HighHeat and since 2004 MVP.

greetings

Det

La Coruña, Spain.

Proud home of Deportivo de La Coruña (soccer team) and Hockey Club Liceo (nor grass nor ice one. Hockey on wheels, you know).

Here in Spain we can only enjoy baseball due a digital TV channel (Sportmania, pay per view)

We have even problems to find PC games based on baseball, because they had not commercial interest in our home market.

I remember when I tried to buy High Heat 2002,... an odissey.

MVP Baseball 2005 is the best graphical baseball but HH2004 is still more playable. I hope that with a lot of plate patience and some sliders work it could be finally surpassed by MVP2005. I´m an horrible MVP hitter...

Holland and Italy are the two "biggest" baseball countries in Europe and have a long history of rivalry.

That's about it for baseball in The Netherlands. It will never be that big like in the US, because of soccer.

I'm from Italy and I totally agree with you...our countries are full of soccer fans but I hope that our rivalry in baseball (and in soccer too...) can help baseball popularity.

In Italy I can see MLB games (ESPN Monday night and Wednesday night games) only on SKY pay-tv.

I really thanks Elio and Faso (two italian musicians and baseball players) from Elio E Le Storie Tese band who try to spread baseball inside soccer-minded italian sport fans.

• 2 weeks later...

Bristol in the West of England. I've got an NASN subscription so I get to watch quite a few games a week, time permitting. Started playing baseball on PC back in 1999 with Hardball 6 and then on via High Heat to MVP. Have managed to order MVP via a company called SPS systems in the last two years and am happy to pass on a link to their website for anybody who wants it. They've been good about deliveries and providing information in the case of delays.

Just to update we have just about reached the halfway season in our first season of EMLB. If your interested in joining a PC league visit our forums and register your interest. Teams will become available for next season if not before.

www.emlb.net

• 1 year later...

Canberra, Australia!

H U G E baseball fan, although without payTv its a veritible wasteland.

Nats fan.

Spend my 7.3 hours a day as a public servant trawling this site. Keep it up (or i'll have to work).

Ciudad Obregon, Mexico!

Really close from the US, like 8 hours in car. I couldnt find MVP2005 at first but then my friend told me that he was going to Tucson in early January 2005, so I asked him If he could buy me the game there, he accepted and I gave him the money, 1 week later. MVP BASEBALL 2005! Wohoo! xD. If i didnt asked my friend to buy it I would have bought the game in May-June (Vacation time) in Phoenix.

There are a LOT of baseball games on TV here, I live in a Baseball-fans area (The city has its own team), We had Espnews but then the TV provided changed it for OLN :yernuts: :eew: .

Archived