Help with Stances and Deliveries

jackcasper49

Here's what you guys can do if you're bored or just want to help a lot of us out.

Take a look at the stances and pitching deliveries in MVPedit and try to get a good description of what each one looks like.

For Hitters:

How are the Feet?

Where do the hands start?

Waggle?

Leg Kick?

Oddities?

for example: Chipper Jones

slightly open, knees bent a bit, small bat waggle

For Pitchers:

How do they stand?

Hands over head or at chest or abs during windup?

Overhand, High 3/4, Low 3/4, Sidearm, Sub?

High Leg Kick, No Leg Kick?

Smooth or Jerky Motion?

Deliberate or Rushed?

Oddities?

for example: David Wells

Hands Overhead, Very deliberate, overhand release, slight leg kick, smooth motion

getting info on all of the stances and deliveries will help a lot ... make sure to use the names listed in MVPedit for each stances/delivery so it's easy to know how it works ... if anybody is willing to take up part of this task then let us all know ... if there are a few people taking up the task it will be even better

this topic is also at TPG.net ... so please make sure we can all work as a team if anyone wants to take this up

Hideo Nomo: Hands way overhead, very deliberate, High 3/4 I think, almost no leg kick, jerky motion, whole delivery is odd.

Ben Weber: Hands at chest, sidearm, medium leg kick, jerky motion, Rushed, odd in how he jerks his glove/ball up and down during his delivery.

that's the perfect kind of stuff, great examples ... the key would be to get a group together and cycle through all of the stances and deliveries

easy way to do it ... get a roster, edit your team so that all the players on yoru team have a diff stance and all the pitchers a diff delivery ... for example make your starter have generic delivery 1, and so forth ... then choose an opposing team, get thier starting lineup with all different stances and choose the pitcher you will face in the game and give him a delivery ... then play an exhibition game after uploading the mixed up roster and take notes with each at bat, cycle in new pitchers (making sure to have the bases empty, even allowing inside the park HRs to clear the bases) so that you see each pitcher work with no one on base to know if they are stetch or windup and so you can take notes on the windup if they have it ... see all your hitters and all your pitchers, plus you get thier hitters and one pitcher ... so in not even one game played you can see about 23 hitters and 12 pitchers ... makes it go quick

I just have NO TIME for this endeavor right now, with my roster set taking any of my very limited free time ... thought this woudl be VERY valuable for anyone looking for info (me and other roster makers, as well as people just wanting to know the stance for thier team)

Archived