Patch #3 is out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buffa

Oh please Lord let it fix IP online play. I'm not downloading anything until it's 'officially' released from EA's website and not their FTP site. Remember what happened last time? (Yikes.....)

What happened last time???

Anyways, the only thing that I noticed without playing a game is that the rosters are up to date as of 4/5/05.

Nothing happened last time... :roll:.

The patch # 2 file that was first available on their FTP was, bit by bit, the EXACT same thing as the one EA posted on their website a day later.

Nothing happened last time... :roll:.

The patch # 2 file that was first available on their FTP was, bit by bit, the EXACT same thing as the one EA posted on their website a day later.

I know nothing happened last time in the end it all worked out, but until everyone found out it was the same, everybody was wondering and speculating on this or that and the other. Was just weird with some people saying it did this, and others saying it didn't do that but did this, etc...And in the end it was all the same but the things said about what the patch addressed seemed to go on forever.

Sorry, probably should have worded that better in the original post. Was a bit open ended.

Tried the patch with the ultimate rosters installed, didn't work. So i guess they've updated the rosters and some other things.

What do you mean by "didn't work". Do you mean that the install didn't work? If so, it's because you have the ultimate rosters installed. In order for patches to install (it was like this last year as well), you have to have EA rosters installed. Save the ultimate rosters someplace, reinstall the EA rosters, and then try running the patch installer again. It should run this time.

What do you mean by "didn't work". Do you mean that the install didn't work? If so, it's because you have the ultimate rosters installed. In order for patches to install (it was like this last year as well), you have to have EA rosters installed. Save the ultimate rosters someplace, reinstall the EA rosters, and then try running the patch installer again. It should run this time.

Yeah, I know. Got to re-install the orignals. But then again, i like the ultimate rosters.

By the way, your datafile finally works. Tried the one without spitoon's walk-fix, so i guess the other one contains an error or something.

looks like just a roster update

here are all the differences in the exe

exe6wu.gif

Great job kraw! :)

Absolutely no clue what that means being a non-computer whiz, but I'm guessing that means it didn't fix IP. Too bad.

The change to the .exe file....they didn't happen to change it so you can play w/o the CD in the drive, did they?

I understand why they use that, but it's a PITA sometimes, and if you play a lot, every time you put the CD in/take it out you run the risk of something stupid happening (dropping it by accident, etc) and scratching it.

Plus, less wear and tear on my DVD-ROM would be nice. ;)

I've got MVP '03, and one wasn't released for that (that I know of), so would it be a fair assumtion that one probably won't be for MVP '05?

B.

Yeah, I know. Got to re-install the orignals. But then again, i like the ultimate rosters.

By the way, your datafile finally works. Tried the one without spitoon's walk-fix, so i guess the other one contains an error or something.

What I've done in the past when installing patches is just to copy the roster files I was using to a temporary directory, install the default rosters, install the patch and then copy the roster files back from the temporary directory. My rosters are then the same as they were before the patch was installed.

As for the datafile, I'm glad you got something to work. I still have no clue why you couldn't get the one with the walk fix to work. It's the one I've been using for a month and others have been using it with no problem.

Archived