Dynasty House Rules

billharris44

Are you guys using any "house rules" in your Dynasties to make it harder to acquire/keep players? And is Owner mode fun enough that it's worth playing instead? I'm ready to start my Dynasty (finally), but the financial structure looks out of whack and I'd like to see what you guys are doing to compensate. Thanks.

Owner mode is nuts, plain and simple.

What I typically do is use Artmoney to give my place 2 seating upgrades just so I can have a chance at competing with other owners. I like mine to be relatively difficult financially, so this suffices quite well. I typically play as the Royals or the D-rays, some team that really sucks but doesn't have a lot of payroll. The main problem with owner mode is that the trading system is really seriously screwed up. After a few weeks, a list of the people on my team:

BJ Upton, Felix Hernandez, Scott Kazmir, Zach Greinke, Andy Marte, Joe Mauer, Hanley Ramirez, Jose Castillo, Abe Alvarez, Wily Mo Pena, and a bunch of other guys I got off of free agency who have *****s to begin with. It's ridiculous.

I do the artmoney thing because I just think it's unfair to start off a place with 25,000 seats, because there's literally no way to compete. With a team budget of $50m, which is like 15 less than the default D-ray budget in the game, I was still losing about a million a year. After the 3rd year i decided it was time for the city to throw some cash in, so they bought me some more seating. So I'm going to use any money I make over break-even for concessions. I mean, I'm beginning my 4th year, and I've already won 2 world series rings and my entire team with maybe 1 exception is under 26. So it can be pretty easy.

Archived