New set of bats...

spitoon

Hi All,

Just uploaded Version 3 of my bats. Nothing groundbreaking here, just 8 new bats in case you are tired of the old ones.

Post any questions here.

I must appologize. I had included the batch file that I was using during modding, not the one that is set up to work on everyone elses machines :wacko:

That teaches me that I should take a break between modding for a couple of hours, and then uploading. I think I get a little 'dopey' after a few hours in front of the CPU :blink:

Anyways, I have uploaded the correct file this morning. I uploaded the whole thing again. If you don't want to wait or if you are capable of just changing the batch file, here it is:

echo on

gfxpak -u datainitstaz.big

pause 

mkdir models

mkdir misc

cd models

mkdir textures

cd ..

cd misc

mkdir textures

cd ..

gfxpak -u initstay.big

move bat.fsh models/texturesat.fsh

gfxpak -d initstay.big models/textures/bat.fsh

gfxpak -p initstay.big models/textures/bat.fsh

move ball.fsh models/texturesall.fsh

gfxpak -d initstay.big models/textures/ball.fsh

gfxpak -p initstay.big models/textures/ball.fsh

gfxpak -p datainitstaz.big initstay.big

rd /S /Q models

rd /S /Q misc

del initstay.big

pause

Just delete the existing Version3bats.bat and create a new one by copying and pasting this into an open notepad document. "Save As" Version3bats.bat and you should be good to go.

Alternatively, you can wait for Trues to update the downloads and get it there.

Sorry for any problems this may have caused.

lol. yeah i figured that out last night!! i just overwrote the bat.fsh file in the version 2 with the new bat.fsh file and then reinstalled it. and it worked like a charm...very nice bats man. now if only i could get that guys glove update to work, it installs fine but no changes at all.

your bats look great. the only thing that i see that could be corrected is that the "grips" on the louisville slugger are too long. the color seperation should be lower on the bat. just wondered if you noticed that. i actually thought that all of them had lower "grips" but easton bats have higher ones, mizuno low. i don't even know if it can be changed...again, just wondering about it.

http://www.slugger.com/TPX_BASEBALL/WOODBATS/K100B.HTML

your bats look great. the only thing that i see that could be corrected is that the "grips" on the louisville slugger are too long. the color seperation should be lower on the bat. just wondered if you noticed that. i actually thought that all of them had lower "grips" but easton bats have higher ones, mizuno low. i don't even know if it can be changed...again, just wondering about it.

Noticed the same thing. Not a huge deal.

jpup, is your GABP done yet?

GO REDS 1st PLACE!!!!

I figured someone would notice that...I kind of thought that because the Louisville bats in this set are both one color that it wouldn't matter that much. I could change it fairly easily.

I don't know anything about the X-Box and its file format....ANYONE????

By the way, I have edited the bat's handle heights and will upload V3.1 soon....Sorry Trues :oops: but I have to please the masses :lol:

Seems that some people were having problems installing this mod...I think the problem is related to a certain version of gfxpak that doesn't recognize the -u command.

Anyways, I've uploaded Version 3.1 which is the entire initstaz.big file. No messing around with batch files, just unzip it into your /data folder.

I installed the file by replacing the initstaz.big file, and the bats appear, but the ball does not. The ball has no texture...looks like a cueball. Any idea why?

I installed the file by replacing the initstaz.big file, and the bats appear, but the ball does not. The ball has no texture...looks like a cueball. Any idea why?

No none...anyone else having this problem???..I'll look into it for you.

Hmmm, I'm at work so my options are limited.

I just downloaded the file from MVPMods and unpacked it and the ball is definitely there...

Which option did you use for install?

No none...anyone else having this problem???..I'll look into it for you.

Yeah, no lines(stitching) just an all white ball. Everything else is fine though.

Yeah, no lines(stitching) just an all white ball. Everything else is fine though.

Did you use the 'easy install method' or the long batch file method? It sounds to me like you left out the ball.fsh file in the batch file method. When you download the mod from here, unzip it and you will see another zipped file within that, unzip that and copy and paste the initstaz.big file into your /data folder...should do it.

i really really like these bats i liked v2 but these are much better. the black handled red x bat no longer looks like i giant red pickle! you really did a much better job on the grains on the bat. great job dude.

i really really like these bats i liked v2 but these are much better. the black handled red x bat no longer looks like i giant red pickle! you really did a much better job on the grains on the bat. great job dude.

I'm glad you like them...

I may be doing one more set, but it won't match up to the bat descriptions in rglass's editor as I have run out of photos that look like that.

I reinstalled the game and tried both methods of installation. I still get the white ball with no stitching. I actually checked the file in EAgraph and the stitching is there, but ingame, it does not show.

I reinstalled the game and tried both methods of installation. I still get the white ball with no stitching. I actually checked the file in EAgraph and the stitching is there, but ingame, it does not show.

Wow...I can't really explain that one as I am unable to reproduce the problem at my end...

Anyone with any ideas????

Archived